Welcome to my second family. My colleagues and I are so close, I consider them my second family. In fact, I spend most my time (working life) for the pass 1.5 years with them. We are all such a great team that I am greatly saddened by the current restructuring that will see most of us going to other groups/projects. So, this is also a farewell trip for our close-knitted group.
If you must know, we are bonded mostly by
food. Well, who's not, if you're in Malaysia. Everyone is such a great cook; I envy them being able to juggle between taking care of 5 kids(!) and coming to work with breakfast prepared (<8.00am!) enough for everyone to savour. They always cook
lebih-lebih. I come to work every morning with home-made breakfast for sure at the pantry. (And I will be latest to wake up every morning and come in office empty-handed for the pass year - the luxury of being single and having no kids, husband to cook for).
As anticipated, our department's family day was a
food-filled time. The trip to Damai Laut was a breeze and plus, the weather was kind to us. I packed my parents, god-sister and swim suit (as I was designated swim teacher for family day) into the Alza, sped to resort, and soon found out we are all staying at this awesome huge bungalow. Well, to cut the story short - we swam, BBQ-ed at night, karaoke-d whole night, played pool, relaxed at the beach, acara sukaneka involving balloons (my phobia!) for adults and kids, bitten by hundreds of mozzies, and the highlight for me (personally!) was - sharing ghost stories in the night. I spooked myself out, but was too tired to
not sleep.
More importantly, my dad and mum enjoyed themselves and no-doubt fitted quite well with my colleagues, bosses and their family members. My mum is the most sporting mum in the world, which put me at total ease 'cause I was worried they wouldn't fit in easily (esp. dad). They were really really happy with the trip. I was happy that they are too.
I love my current boss. She's the greatest. She will be retiring end of this year and I am really sad that I'm about to lose a great mentor, a great problem-solver, and the one who hired me into a great company! *mata duitan*
Some random pics of the Family day:
 |
| BBQ |
 |
| Afternoon at the beach |
 |
| Damai Laut Resort - overlooking the golf course. |
 |
| Mum |
 |
| Newly-wed Fellie and hubby; others ain't my colleagues :P |
 |
| Mum, Dad, Ying2 |
No comments:
Post a Comment