Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Death of this blog imminent



Blek, celebrating the impending death of this blog....

I have not been updating as frequently as previous years due to work (part time teaching swimming and full time work) and a series of events that led to me to abandon my blog this year. Not on purpose. Cause, mind you, I love blogging and writing. And I love this blog. It's been My Space (pun intended) since 2005.

1.  The domain: Blogspot has limited the number of pictures (which is linked to Picasa) that I can post on my current blog. Max photos in Picasa is 1GB, which I surpassed long ago because I had uploaded pictures to Picasa since 2005. Well, unless I delete my old photos which is big no-no. I am altogether pissed with, not my blog, but with Picasa. I am definitely not paying for extending my 1GB space of my current Picasa account. What I did was to set up another Picasa account: cchivy81@gmail.com where I get yet again another brand new lousy 1GB. Whatever it is, this factor alone has compelled me to wanna quit blogging for real. 

2. Indeed, the word 'microblogging' rather than blogging per se have taken over me. I've been twittering more, and concurrently updating my life in Linked-in, FB, Buzz via TweetDeck. While I still will upload photos to my new Picasa account (sure boh?), I am definitely looking forward to my FB account in terms of uploading new photo albums as FB is not limiting my album space (sure boh!?). Will they limit in the future? Well, let's just hope not for the time being. Microblogging is the way to go, but where little bits and parts of my mind goes bewildered and lost in some 'book' that I have a hard time recovering back. That's what I don't like abt microblogging and where microblogging is lacking.

3. Setting a new blog, probably: cchivy81.blogspot.com. Will this work? No eye-deer. I am contemplating on doing this though I am pretty sure it is repeating the cycle/wheel with blogspot again; I foresee the same damn problem cropping up in the future. And soon, I will copy-paste from this rant again for y'all :P 

I don't need readers for this blog is not for ppl to see (though I do appreciate comments), just that I would love to have a so-called online diary...you get what I mean? I enjoy writing and looking back at the past posts and smile at my sillyness (and smartness also lah).

4. Set up my own website/domain such as: ilovecchivy.com.my :P No?

5. Apa dia Tumblr ni? Put water punya bekas? Accelerated death of blog due to microblogging: http://www.goreng.my/spark/article/tumblring-up


Any suggestions in solving my issue above? I am a clueless person on the web. I know very well, but I have little idea how to exploit the vast opportunities that exist in the internet. Please, please, a big part of me don't want to quit blogging altogether.

*Apologies if I did not get my facts right on those issues above. Errata appreciated.




No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain