Thursday, September 11, 2008

"When I grow up..."

Irritatingly (sorry people, neighbours), "When I Grow Up" by PSD has been our theme for the month. My housemate and I have no qualms dancing in front of my new Samsung when MTV plays them music video. But damn irritatingly true - we girls have always wanted fame. "So, u mean WE've grown up?" Not when you not famous....yet. I was never that ambitious to the brink of craving for fame, and never a bucket list too (read: Jonie). But having to live with her for a while, the darker side of me has emerged. Yes, I WANT TO BE FAMOUS. 

Singing isn't our forte, our brains (yes, we have brains) isn't doing us any good right now, can't dance, can't sports, can't catwalk. "now, lay low, ladies....." But now, remember we're both Masters and Ph.d. material. She's a pyschology major and I'm...errr....you all know what I'm up to (and I'm getting sick of that word).

Nope, we are not shiok sendiri. Serious business. You people should know. Especially when Ivy is involved. I have faith. You would have to concur that FP and I are one powerful combo. Different in character and taste - me: sporty, and independent while she: feministic in nature and an attention-seeker, our differences makes us a (hypothetically) good team. Me, having overworked my left brain have always looked up to her art-tish and creative taste. I love writing and reading political books or classics; she loves sleeping and reading Cleo. She eats nothing, I eat everything. She can't even run a mile, I can run (only) ten. She talks, I listen (nah! :P) 

But it is our similarities that makes us, us! We are both cunning in our own ways. We both adore guys; we love clothes (read: shopping). Plus, can't deny we're both vertically-challenged; giggle way too much; both cutey pies; height-phobics; love the pool; love bikinis; love sleeping on the sofa; love to watch Project Runway; love Chris Siriano (because he's fierce and gay) and we both love ANTM because we both know we can never have those legs. And we both can run on heels. Now, try that! But no, we're are not trying to be paris and nicole. We are friends, we love fun, and and it's our fate.

You've been waiting, I know. What's gonna make (or break) us? An audition tape and a book. (ask us about it).

At the end of the day, u should know it's not about being famous. It's about knowing what our fortes and our weaknesses are and you know you've tried. And at least, we want to grow up.


When I grow up 
I wanna be famous 
I wanna be a star 
I wanna be in movies 

When I grow up 
I wanna see the world 
Drive nice cars 
I wanna have Groupies 

When I grow up 
Be on TV 
People know me 
Be on magazines 

When I grow up 
Fresh and clean 
Number one chick when I step out on the scene 

But be careful what you wish for 
'Cause you just might get it 
But you just might get it 
But You just might get it 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mate...u know what??!! i am so damn sure we could make things happen...and dont u think PCD is so inspirational??!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain