Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bitch?

When I was in London, I insisted on entering the Tower of London even though the entrance fee cost my parents a fortune. There, the enthusiastic guards (their tour-guide) explained about the terrors of the Tower, in which I thought were highly exaggerated, but most of these were facts on the reign of Henry the VIII and his infamous scheming mistress - Anne Boleyn, who soon became queen of England with the consequence of the King departing from Catholism.

Natalie Portman was stellar in the movie. Who could be more suitable for the role of Anne, the smarter sister of the two, bitch and seducer that caught the eyes of the King, but himself couldn't even come close to touching her in the beginning. She acted well in V for Vendetta and I expect no less from her in this movie. 

What I've learnt from this movie is that being a bitch is okay. Being highly ambitious is fine. But finally, you will have your head on the chopping board, that is if you go-overboard. So, don't be too scheming. Do put in effort(s), but have this phrase in mind: Come what may. Don't try toooo hard.


No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain