Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Economic crisis on your birthday.

FOOD
As my birthday looms, I was wondering how I should celebrate it. It's my birthday so I can do anything I want, right?! Mmm...RIGHT?!?! Am I allowed to show off my cooking skills to my invited friends? Hmmphh...but doubt I'll be cooking. Not because I'm a bad cook :P but because I don't want to end up washing dishes ON MY BDAY! Maybe buy 5 large pizzas back.

STYLE
Should I go for a (expensive) hair cut? It's tooo long; my mum said I looked like a Punjabi (no offence to Punjabis! Mum said it, not me). Actually, the aunty in front of my apartment can do better stylin' and cuts than the one in 1Utama (I somewhat kena tipu before by the latter). Just that aunty has once pulled my hair too hard during treatment/styling that I went home with a headache. Sick! I thought of buying a blonde wig and act Paris for once on my bday. I've never played dumb before.

EVENTS
I thought of just a small outing to the P. Ramlee Musical 2. Dad and Mum aleady plan to buy me those tickets that I yearn for soooo long. I missed the previous musical. Or a birthday filled with books! I'll go and spend the whole day at the Popular Book Fest at KLCC. Anyone for those 2 events?

VENUE
Can I celebrate my bday in a mamak stall? Why not ehh...food prices are rising; Although roti tisu and teh tarik also naik harga, it's much affordable than some hype restaurant that serves (extremely) overpriced food. Worst - I don't even understand the menu! If my birthday was held in a mamak stall, I can get a candle stuck on a roti canai rather than a Secret Recipe cheesecake that costs a fortune (I am on a diet anyway - cheesecakes are a BIG no-no). I don't fancy cakes anyway. I prefer kuih. Can I eat kuih bengkang instead? I like the kuih bengkang from the fighting-couple-stall inside wai-sik-kai in SS2. Seriously, that would be the best bday 'cake'. Let's celebrate in SS2.

SHOPPING SPREE
Thought of going to Singapore. However, in this 'hard' times, thought of saving money a bit. And I know definitely I can't stop myself from splurging on everything and anything during this Great Singapore Sale. So have to scratch this trip on the basis of self-control. I still love you Jo; you know that.

PASSION
Maybe I can celebrate in Starbucks. I'll buy every guest a cup of brew. Hmmphh...guess not, because I'll be the ONLY person really enjoying myself there. Not everyone love Starbucks and its experience. :P To me, no coffee is expensive when it's Starbucks. To hell with economic crisis! To hell with zero oil subsidies! Starbucks, here I come!

3 comments:

jonie said...

can i come too.... i'll buy u a starbux mug..then can save some money when you bring it to starbux!!

Unknown said...

Sure.... please come. Please do!!!

Bea said...

wah the last time i belanja starbucks during my birthday...cost me bout rm200 for bout 10++ persons...but if u want to belanja....of coz i dont mind...hahahah

i'm cool with ss2 too...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain