I can't stomach him at all. Archuleta. Maybe he's too 'nice' as he smiles too often. Archuleta. His facial features reminded me of the typical creepy ventriloquist's puppet doll. Archuleta. He doesn't answer any question properly and shrugs them off by blurping 'I don't know'. Archuleta. He sang only emo songs. Archuleta. I am saying this not because I'm jealous of talented people, because anyway, Archuleta is too short for my liking. Archuleta - the annoying David.


There was never a doubt that he was the most talented singer of all 12 finalists. He could impress any tone-deaf person with his rendition of Lennon's 'Imagine'. I realised that he voice has not crack a bit nor has he hit a wrong note ever before. Never a pitch problem. They called him a singing prodigy. But is he Idol material? Well, not that I care because I'm not in America; I can't vote. To me, Archuleta is not Idol material as he does not have the package. He just sings well but this boy Archuleta, does not perform.


There was never a doubt that he was the most talented singer of all 12 finalists. He could impress any tone-deaf person with his rendition of Lennon's 'Imagine'. I realised that he voice has not crack a bit nor has he hit a wrong note ever before. Never a pitch problem. They called him a singing prodigy. But is he Idol material? Well, not that I care because I'm not in America; I can't vote. To me, Archuleta is not Idol material as he does not have the package. He just sings well but this boy Archuleta, does not perform.
David Cook is Idol material. He is human and he makes mistakes (Archuleta made a blunder too - forgetting his lyrics during his Top 10 performance (ooooOOOO..). Cook is a soul rocker. My genre! He is calm. He performs and when he sang Phantom Of The Opera's Music Of The Night, I was moved and my heart sank. I also love his rock rendition of 'Billie Jean', 'Always Be my Baby' and 'Hello'. Cook had never intended to audition for Idol which made him even more special as he was found! He's 25 and he is by the way, my type. It's pure personal preference anyway.
Cook is also a talent. He's in fact more versatile than Archuleta and can even sing the whole phonebook (quoted by Randy). Simon told Leno that he wanted Cook to win American Idol 7 as he deserves it. Well, after soo many seasons of American Idol, I realised that you don't have to win to be famous or successful in this competitive industry. I believe more people will buy Cook's album than David's even if the former doesn't win (who has ever bought Taylor Hicks' album eh?). American Idol is, however, a popularity contest. Archuleta takes the popularity, but the real stage talent belongs to Cook.
(watching AI7 finale now. Archuleta did well. Annoyingly expected!).
IVY OUT..!
No comments:
Post a Comment