I thought waking up late on our 3rd day in bangkok as the day before was an abuse on even my athletic legs. In wendy's guest house, we get free complimentary breakfast, but Jo woke up earlier than I to get in touch with her beau called 'boy-boy'. We didn't know where to go, but decided to go to the silk house called Jim Thompson. Well, we both do not know about the whole silk story that Jim was involved in and we didn't ask either. We plan to just wiki the whole story. The silk was rough. I guess Miss Wong from my early-days-geography teacher was right: Thai silk is actually not as smooth as China or Jap's silk.
Next to Jim's, we discovered a secret alley that led us to a part of Thai's biggest river/longkang and also the most polluted and black- coloured water I've ever seen. I love Klang River now!!! Is teh tarik colour (Klang River) better than the Chao Phyra river/longkang (black/grey)?? And this longkang ferries government (yellow-shirt locals- you will notice definitely) to work. While taking pics of the longkang, we managed to see a guy living by the longkang dumbed 4 bags of rubbish into the river without a blink of remorse. The river swallowed it immediately like as if it was its favourite lunch set.
Another river emerge faster than the Chao Phrya that Malaysia also got: flash floods in Bangkok!!! We managed to see the terrible floods around bangkok city because we were lucky??
Our tut-tut tried to avoid the huge banjir water all over the city. I love him. My tut-tut driver is cute and he's also 26 years old. And he said he would accept any amount we quote him, because he's already gotten gasoline subsidy from factory after we bought jewellery from the jewellery factory earlier! Of course, why shouldn't he?!
In Bangkok, there's organization in chaos. And in chaos, there's beauty - the beauty that is sooo hard to grasp in just one trip.
More pictures with captions and storyline: Click HERE.
1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's very informative. I love to read it and do hope to read your next story.
Post a Comment