Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Singapura, oh Singapura!


On 21st July, I went to Singapore for a reunion with 21 of my SIF fellows. Can't believe it has been 5 years and everyone looked just the same as they were 5 years back!! Well, there are some minor changes though - Man became thin, Dat is sooo built and Claudia is 5-months pregnant. Otherwise, everyone remained the same as who they were 5 years ago. Our childishness has not disappear either - playing all those crazy drinking games (thanks Dat!).

Jo Nie, Boon King and I watched this silly, comedy, low-budget New Zealand film called "Black Sheep" (what else could New Zealanders do but to film their own sheeps...sigh). From the title, I knew it would be hillarious. Jo Nie and I burst out laughing each and every minute! Non-stop. But there were many bloody scenes too. Imagine you are in New Zealand and there's nothing there but sheeps, and this crazy GM sheep comes attacking you by munching at your flesh and then you turn into...ya....a sheep too!!! Oh, soo bloooooody and bloody funny!!! Good entertainment.

I missed my Harry Potter 7 dateline because of this Singapore trip. MPH man came right to my doorstep but I wasn't there. When I went to MPH to collect my book and free gift, MPH said that no transaction was being made and my name was not in their list of bookings. Ohhh...sooo sucky...First, I realised that MPH priced their HP7 book RM99.90 while Tesco was at RM69.90. I could have just cancel my online booking months ago and purchase the potter book from Tesco instead. Then, I had to go allllllll the way to MPH Midvalley twice to ask them about my transaction that has already been debited to my credit card. I became furious because they couldn't fix my problem. Money paid, but no book! So expensive some more..... Alas, MPH claim there was a mixed-up and finally after all this silly hassles, I got my Potter book.

First thing I did was to run through the epilogue - the last 7 pages. So, Harry Potter is alive. And that's it! That's all I need to know!!! I haven't open the book since. I shelved my Potter away and continued reading my other book that I have started since last week - Middlesex. Seems I am not a Pottermania anymore.

Girls, girls, can't wait to go Cameron Highlands. Camerons will be my final trip for this month or two. Saving money for overseas trips, and my parent's 30th anniversary this X'mas.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain