The month of June and July have been movies-month for me. Transformers was good. Watched it twice somemore. Even Titanic - I just watched it once on big-screen. And then there's Die Hard 4.0, but it was not as good as expected. Maybe because my expectations were a little too high. Die Hard 3 was the ultimate Die Hard. Die Hard 4.0 had no climax; the villain was a sissy computer guy and the scene where a jet shooting on this big truck that Bruce Willis was in looked entirely wrong and irrational. I prefer if the truck would just turn into Optimus Prime or something. More believable than a bunch of empty, falling highways. Samy Vellu would not like Die Hard 4.0 because the damaged highways would remind him soo much of our Malaysian ones.
Then, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (mouth-full!) was saddeningly not even to par with the other Potter movies. No quiddith, hate the maturity of all the casts, too much junk at the end and the movie ended abruptly. Well, it was the weakest book (and story line) so I guess it's the weakest movie soo far of all Potters.
I still believe that the British movie Hot Fuzz was the best soo far this year. Unexpectedly, the british humour did work well on me! The partnership between the 2 polices worked sooo well too. The whole movie had a good combination of humour, action (soo good!), and well-created script. I think the whole occult thingy that existed in the small 'crime'-free village is a little absurd though. I recommend this show to everyone!
I am now watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives 3 on 8TV! Wow, time flies..
No comments:
Post a Comment