Sunday, May 21, 2006

Paris and London - The reason I read Da VInci Code

I did not heed the calls several people who ask me to ban the movie. Well, I read Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code TWO years ago, whereby the discussion on the book was not as intense as it is lately. When I picked up the Da Vinci Code 2 years ago, I just couldn't put it down anymore. It was soooo interesting....the treasure hunt, the car chase, the quest for the Holy Grail....etc..

Hey, it's just fiction! And I DO NOT believe in Jesus having a baby and those crap stuffs like that.

U know why I love the book soooo much and want to watch this movie? It's because I've been to France! I've step foot in Paris. And of course, The Lourve Museum. I saw the Mona Lisa with both my eyes, I saw the Madonna of the Rock by Leornado. I watch the movie so that I can 'see' the so-extremely-beautiful-Paris once again! Trust me, Lourve is soooooooooooooooooo beautiful.....I daydreamt I was walking once more in the Denon wing with its checkered tile floors, browsing thru' paintings after paintings which finally lead me to the end of the hall where I saw The Mona Lisa smilling back at me. My dad was mesmerized by the paintings tooo. The paintings, the sculptures..EVERYTHING...was just just just...arrrhhhggg.....no words can explain them......none. You have to see them for yourself. The glass Pyramid in the middle of Lourve is like a glowing diamond at night.

Of couse, the adventures of Da Vinci also brought me back to London. I was in London for one month plus. London gave me good memories too. I remember mum, dad and I were in St. James Park, Hyde Park, and Kensington Park, drinking hot chocolate and admiring the scenery and the weather.

Reading Da Vinci Code reminds me of these wonderful places - Paris and London. Can't get it off my mind.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain