Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's very true. You are not bangsa Malaysia.

I often read the blog of our dear Ipoh Timur MP - Lim Kit Siang (I voted for him!) of the many 'wonders' of our 'Bolehland'. I am particularly interested in the current higher education system as I am striving in it right now. I hate it when LKS continually mengutuk our edu-system and sometimes it saddens me to death, though I know what he said is very true and real. I was and am brought up by our very own Bolehland education system and is a 'victim' for almost 17 years. It hurts to know that the country you love still has no place for you and this system will deprive you in every manner possible. I feel deprived off my rights. After having a great chat with my co-supervisor (a chinese, mad-scientist), it makes me happy to know that I still have hope:

I told him of my ambition to be a lecturer. What saddens me is he said that my chances of being a lecturer in my current university is very super low. I ask him why. He gave me almost 3 reasons and all 3 reasons are race-related. I am very sad, I told him. He ask me to teach in a private college/uni. The money is good there. I told him if I go to private college, I won't get to do research. He said, nothing can be done. He added that I need some LUCK, big LUCK, as well as 'being at the right place at the right time'. I think I need His blessings and a miracle, maybe. I never believe in luck, I told him. He smiled.

My supervisor gave me some hope: He told me that I'm good student and that I will succeed in life, and my presentation skills are outstanding. He still said that we, chinese do not need to rub shoulders with anyone to obtain anything. We can be successful by doing it all our own. Don't depend on anyone. I had a thought in my mind, I need to depend on God. He told me that my main supervisor is arranging for me to go to Imperial College London to work with a professor there. I was thrill, but when I realized that I have to pay for my expenses there - FORGET IT! Dad will have hole in his pocket....large hole. But, thank you Prof. Dzol! I appreciate the opportunity!

Since, I am not valuable to the system here, my as well run away from Bolehland. I am always, always, always thinking about running away from Bolehland. If I land myself a Ph.D. in Bolehland, nobody appreciates me here. Sad, but true. LKS has always push for reformation in education system, but reformation, I doubt, will ever come. Because, LKS is chinese, and I'm chinese. Government don't (never!) control pork prices, because we chinese consume them.
What the hell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

truth is out there! we all know!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain