Friday, April 7, 2006

Blessing in Disguise....

4 weeks ago, I prayed to God really hard so that I will have more time for Him, and make more time for myself as my workload in the university was getting heavier.

4 weeks ago, I had 5 things jammed-up in one single weekend (see the previous blog), and I had to choose which one to attend to....F1, Swimming, Church, Scholarship and Aikido.

4 weeks ago, God gave me appendicitis! In fact, not just any simple, BURST appendicitis - an appendicitis that would change the course of my life at least for the next few months.....

I was laying in bed, after operation, wondering why would an appendicitis happen in such a critical week!???!! There was sooo many things for me to accomplish that week! I was lying in hospital bed, weak, after an emergency 3-hour-operation: the surgeon came an told me that I could have died and my condition was very, very very ver serious. That was when I saw that life was soo precious, and the one thing that delayed my coming to the hospital is that I just didn't want to be hospitalised THAT particular week because there were so many things up that week. I still didn't want to admit (even to the point of near death) that I was sick.

People said that I am a strong, vigourous girl - I go Aikido, Swim for my university, Super-independent. But, God send me this appendix to tell me that I am weak, and I need to get my priorities right. And u know what!? - 4 weeks after the appendicitis, I feel much relaxed without having to think about aikido, swimming, and loads of stuffs, I have time for church, and I have time for myself. I HAVE ALL THE TIME NOW!!!

Of course, being a Ph.D. student - the workload keeps piling up, but, I need not think about any other activities at present. My life is completely changed. I thank God for that and showing me the path.

Appendicitis - Blessing in disguised? I believe so.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain