http://www.mywedding.com/chongyitivy/index.html
I have heard of little girls dreaming of their BIG DAY. I wonder why I never had such dreams. Mum say I have male testosterone overwhelming in my system since I was a kid. I hated Barbie. And her partner Ken. All I dreamt of when I was a little girl was how to beat up my elder brother who was a bully at home, and win a gold medal in swimming, and be a doctor.
As my wedding drew near, I still did not keep my nails long; I broke the longest nail on my middle finger all because it broke while I opened up stubborn little lids of tin-boxes a.k.a. favours (but still, 500 boxes!) to put in chocolate Kisses and hearts. Never thought wedding favours was ever in my favour, but it just happen. I saw it online, and I immediately wanted this door gift for my guests.
![]() |
| Chocolates into wedding favours. Stupid lid. Too tight. |
![]() |
| My manicurist complaints that my nails were too short to be a bride, therefore solid colours are a no-no. |
![]() |
| Groupfie: My besties and I at Langkawi. More post on Langkawi, next! |
Then, I realised that I put on around 1 kg three weeks before my wedding. I blame it on Beijing's sub-temperatures that made me eat tonnes of food. Also the lack of any forms of exercise over the whole month. And the Chinese New Year cookies. Oh well, it's just a wedding, whatever works. I tried on my wedding gown and was like - hmmppphhh....not working: the lace sleeved gown I did really, really like was bulking my up shoulders and my breast looked too awesome to be me, while my Qipao was suddenly tight at the ass. Damn.
![]() |
| Was my number.1 dress. Did love it a lot: laces and bare-back. But at the end of the day, it wasn't fiting on my shoulders. Blah. |
Then I realised I should just wear a Princess-cut ball gown to conceal my tummy fats and increased weight at my thigh area. Puffy stuff, but works for all body shapes. Thank God for Taobao.com, I carefully purchase a stunning wedding ball-gown online for a-price-you-cannot-believe-it-is-so-damn-cheap in Beijing with the help of my Chinese colleagues.
![]() |
| I like it super simple. This is a princess-cut ball gown. |
![]() |
| The Pledge |
Then, I realised I have no small notes to give angpow. All RM50. Luckilly brother works in the bank.
Then, I realised I no make up artist for my actual morning as I do not want to rush to the bridal shop and back home again on my wedding morning. Okay, grab Fong's cousin, Jane. She's good!
Almost forgotten to re-dye my hair. No more burgundy red, but this time it went wayyyyy too blonde. Chi-muis complaint, so I had to had a temporary dark brown spray across my hair done by Jane on the morning itself.
Then, I realised, guest list still not jive yet. Not synchro at all. Some not yet RSVP. Headache giler wei. 500 guests in total. And 70% of the guests I have no idea who they are. The hardest part of the wedding planning is THIS.
Then I realised my cousins need to sing. Because I want them to. What if the DVD player doesn't play out the songs?
What if no one turns up for the Sek Chao Fun, when I ordered a lot? What if my outstation guests couldn't find my new house?
![]() |
| Amazing buffet food and decor by Best Cathering, Ipoh |
![]() |
| All the way from Iran for my sek-chao-fun. |
![]() |
| Chi mui and Chi kor were briefed on the games for next day by Maid-of Honour - Levene |
![]() |
| My long, long friend - Mike who takes great pictures. Okay, I miss my long hair now.
SO, WHO SAYS WEDDING IS ENJOYABLE!?!!?!
|
The planning isn't, but the actual wedding day was pretty enjoyable. My actual day photographers, Jeremy and Cronus made it work. They made me feel calm as they give good directions throughout the day. My make up artist made me into perfection. My mum panicked, but she managed it at the end of the morning. All chi muis were all helpful. My lead chi mui, Levene is the BEST!!!! I give her all the credit for the WHOLE DAY!
Undeniably, both my sis-in-laws are amazing - Vivien and Meagan. They have gone through wedding process, therefore experiences play a huge role here. Helpful is an understatement. Vivien conducted the whole wedding dinner, while Meagan played a huge role during in the morning to pack my stuffs to my 'new' home and during dinner, handled the guests and seatings.
I was tired due to the many gold chains and bangles and rings all over my body. Not that I am complaining, but I was really tired as I didn't sleep the night before. I was more worried of whether I could last through my wedding dinner. I fear I might turn into a Bridezilla at night.
I just sit through the night, thinking...hhmmmphhh....how can I go table by table to toast? A total of 50. I also knew that I need to at least have one sip of that 'Buddha Jump Over The Wall' (second dish). It was hearty and delicious! I also had a bite of the roast suckling pig and it was awesome. I knew this was the restaurant if you wanted good food. However and sadly, I didn't get to try any other dishes that was served out. Time is luxury.
![]() |
| Buddha Jump Over the Wall |
![]() |
| Loh Mai fun |
![]() |
| Mix vege |
![]() |
| Big prawn head |
![]() |
| Suckling pig and chicken |
Oh well, weddings are a pain if you look at it like how I looked at it in the beginning. But the joy came naturally when you see yourself like a princess and never before looking so stunning. My estrogen hormones took over and I began to enjoy the process of a wedding. My wedding. Tiredness is secondary when you see your relatives, friends and family having fun during your wedding. Effects and make-up does make a lot of difference, and is a necessity; look for a good and professional photographer and/or make up artist to help you out throughout the day.
If you are still not married, you will scream at me when I say this: "Planning a wedding is a pain. Thank God for this once-in-a-lifetime event". But looking back, I wouldn't do anything different for my wedding. Oh well, maybe lose a bit of weight.
*we women are never satisfied*
Special thanks to:
1. Levene Wong (million hugs and kisses to my Maid-of-Honour!)
2. Tan Vee Vien (million kisses and amazing voice)
3. Tan Vee Nie a.k.a. Katniss Everdeen
4. Janice & Siow Nee (really help out throughout the day without complain)
5. Kimberley
6. Sua Jo Nie
7. Lorraine
8. Callie
9. Fipink (Thank you besties no.5,6,7,8, 9 for the never ending support and love throughout the years)
10. Ow
11. Kenny
12. Beh (Thank you chi-kor no. 10, 11, 12 for the effort and daring to help up)
13. Arshia (Thank you for all the many years of honest opinions, sobs and joy together. You have never fail me)
14. Ardavan (You will be better than your brother soon)
15. Yeng Pooi (my supposed-to-be Maid of Honour. Really really wished things would turned out differently and you could be here. Thank you for background support)
16. Jeremy L. & Cronus, & Jane Fong (macam directors to me that altogether created the stunning, princess me *kowtow*)
17. Uncle George and Wife for his timeliness and his super, super beautiful Bentley
18. Other friends which I wish could name them all here.
19. Both sides of my family and all relatives.
Amen to these great friends, family, relatives who are supportive and really helpful to my mum and dad, that came from near and far. God bless you all.
Btw, we have no honeymoon planned out yet. Suggestions appreciated.
** photos courtesy of friends and family personal shots.















