"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" - Semisonic, Closing Time.
So, this post, yes, comes late because I was.....actually so busy. No kidding. I was. Let's see: my downtime was mostly contributed to a series of bad luck that knocked me off my sane mind:
First, my phone Samsung Galaxy S1 was pick-pocketed (story HERE). Then came the car-window smashing incident due to an attempted robbery on my yellow, Korean-style bag. Yellow. I believed it was the colour that caught the robbers' attention while waiting at the traffic lights although I had dark tinting on my car windows. Not my complacent-ness :P hahaha. Moral of the story: Don't buy a yellow bag.
Nah, kidding. My advice: put security tinting on your car windows. It was a failed robbery attempt because the robbers couldn't hammer my window despite a couple of hard hits. Though the windows cracked, the robbery knew it would take like another 10 hits before they could rob my stuff. And the traffic lights was about to turn green anyway. And never put your bag on the passenger seats, not even on the car floor (my case).
Second, my oral examination and assessment to gain promotion in my company was unfortunately postponed. Unfortunate - because I was all mentally prepared for the interview, with millions of facts in my tiny brains, and once postponed, alll these revision facts didn't stay either. I would have to revise everything all over again. Last minute study, you say? - yes, I believe in last minute studying which is very much effective in my age-group :P
Fortunate that my exam was postponed? - Yes, because I lost my voice that week. Being in a interview-type, tete-a-tete assessment, ultimately your voice has to come strong. I've always thought my confidence and commanding voice was what got me through a lot of tough situation e.g. scholarships, fellowships, job interviews and Ph.D. So, thank God for the postponement because I knew without my Samson's hair, I would have fail my assessment and ...sound wee bit too 'sexy'...like a cross-dresser.
Third, I put a substantial pressure on myself to complete my appraisal for 2012 all because ...I deserve it...more than any other years combined. First, I am fast learner in an industry unrelated to my education background. I have worked my ass off this year and being attached to horrid + far & distance places (i.e. oil rigs and Tronoh), but whether my work is appreciated or not lies in how convincing (read:voice) I can be in my appraisal writing. I want the best for myself, in monetary and reputation terms. Well, which rising corporate woman doesn't?
And then, I was hooked to fifty-shades-of-grey trilogy. Those books took a lot of my time away :P Oooppssy, 'nuff said.
But can I say, I feel great about my career (kinda), my relationships with my guy, friends and family, my part time job, and more importantly....I kinda feel great about myself. ALL.THE.TIME. Well, most of the time lahh, especially when there's coffee.
I know I complain a lot ...just because I can. But deep down, I could not ask for more of my present life. Of course, you dream of being way up 'there' and envious of what people have in their life, but it's their "rezeki", as my Malay friend told me. People have their kinda life; You have your own life, your own tastes, so don't live to society's hideous expectation of how you're supposed to be. And in the process of achieving your live's goal, never take for granted the people around you.
Bad stuffs happen, but if you give it a lil thought...many good things happen this year too. Don't dwell in the negative, see the whole big picture, and systematically you realized you had it not too bad, ehh? Can I hear an 'Amen' to that?
Let me end this post with one song my Semisonic (I've loved you guys), embedded deep in my heart, lyrics never lost in time, and most relevant to this post:
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end - SemiSonic 's Closing Time