Not that I am boasting. It does make me a superhero, I guess. Mum calls me Wonder Woman. Most women are anyway, particularly this generation, this era. Mum herself is. We have a career, we cook, we clean, we own a property/car, we run, we swim, we yum cha, we breed, we educate, we pay the bills, etc. I cook almost every other day after work, I clean the toilet while I bathe, I study unrelated subjects (read: mathematics) to climb the career-ladder, yet I go running every other evening. I teach swimming in the evening, but not before I make sure my car gets a wash, or I teach swimming, then off I go with my make-up on and dainty dress to a fancy dinner party. I pick up some novels to read and finish it within a week, etc. etc. etc. Now, I do think Galileo got it wrong: The earth revolves around me.
![]() |
| Me ...probably. But with a smaller cuppa. |
As for "me" time, you would definitely think I am the sporty type - putting "me" time on runs/swims. But nah...you are wrong. I am quite a couch potato, sitting watching How I Met Your Mother or The Kardashians or Criminal Minds...and right now, the Olympics. I turn on my laptop in front of the TV screen, essay a few reports while sobbing on Mobbed or cheering for Uchimura Kohei on pommel horse or Park Tae Hwan on his freestyle heats,and while Draw-ing Something on my phone (**yes, hate me for still playing that game).
![]() |
| My Idol spitting water - OK. My swim students spit in the pool, I scold jia-lat. |
Yes, I am Wonder Woman, but I am still human. Like many superheros on TV, I err, I love, I hate, I have feelings. Sometimes I don't care enough. Honestly I have one very bad trait: I get jaded with things very fast. Many instances have shown me what I can really be: when I over-indulge in something I loved so a lot, I can suddenly go all cold about it. For no reason. I will hate doing it altogether and I have no qualms quitting it. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happened with Aikido. It happened with Entomology. It happened with Swimming. So I do not go over-board with my indulgences cause I could get jaded. Every day, I pray I don't get jaded with running. So, I try not to over-do and out-run myself on marathons or other races.
I dedicate my 'me' time to my new Samsung Galaxy S3. A blessing-in-disguised, I supposed, that my first smartphone got pickpocketed whilst browsing some recipe books. Stupid, I call myself, for not being vigilant of two male foreigners browsing on recipe books(!!!) near me. Yes, I have a world-view of thinking guys lately have great passion in being chefs themselves (think: Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ram), I never would have thought they were thiefs. Nevertheless, once I realised it's missing, I instantly got a new Samsung. Now I am so addicted to my super-fast, super-slick S3. Yummmy!!!!
I got two scuba diving trips coming up this August and October - Phuket and Sipadan. See, I am full of stuff despite being sooo freaking busy. Mum said she hates me being involved in so many 'rubbish'. Hey!!!
I also got myself a property after searching for the looongest time. I bought this condo on impulse. Well, it's primarily bought for investment, and the location is great, so WHATEVER! But looking at the huge awesome swimming pool, I think I might 'merasmikan' it with several bouts of freestyle, butterfly, back and breast, and pee in it, before I tenant it out. (I think I bought this place only because of the pool).
I also have to study to climb the f**king career ladder. Sh*t! I thought I don't have to ever study again since I've gotten my doctorate. But nope. Here it comes again! And worse: it's all new subjects, unrelated to what I graduated in (read: studying insects). I have to learn physics and engineering and .....errr...part of it: MATHS. I hate maths, like a lot. I guess learning is part of life and it never ends (but studying is not). Warning friends: if I do get cranky, please forgive me: it's because of my studying = bad grades = no naik pangkat = no naik gaji = cranky!!!
![]() |
| Milk foam on my upper lips. I am a Nespray Kid! |
You will still see me in some coffee chains on weekends especially. This is one habit that ......I can never get jaded. Never.


