Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And here I go...complaining again.

Yikes. It's Year 2012!

I am already beginning to feel what a start of a new year is like: school begins and cars, busses clogging up the streets before and after schooling hours. The volume of cars increases tremendously. I have to wake up earlier than usual to get to work; McD and KFC is filled with mothers or uniformed students buying fast food during lunch. And their uniforms stinks...worst than some BO!! Betcha you guys concur with me...you've smelt that sweaty stink somewhere before.

Then, before you can even count to the Twelfth Day of Christmas, shopping malls have hightened their decor and music for Chinese New Year. Ooooh, I love some of the jingles, it does set up the mood, but at some point I am irritated. Too much of CNY music can be super annoying (too much of any thing is not good). And also I get irritated because I have not shopped for anything yet and my salary is finis.....hmmpph...let's not go there!

Last year ended with a note of surprise: Boss posted me for <3 months to UTP. Love the campus, hate the township. Anyway, I come back to Ipoh probably every single day to make full use of my RPGC membership which I've been paying since 21 for nothing all this while - to gym, swim and dine. That's my daily triathlon regime. I almost sold my club membership (thank God I didn't) and I really am happy with my decision not to.

Rationale to come back everyday to Ipoh:
Tronoh (UTP) --> Ipoh = 30km + overtaking huge trucks and lorries + old Kancils (0:40 min)
Puchong --> Office(Bangi) = 32km (LDP, Putrajaya) + RM1.60 toll + usual traffic (0:40 min)

Running on the roads (near my house, near the hills) is more dangerous in Ipoh than in KL. Ipoh is too quiet to run and if you do meet something or ~one on the road, they are either stray dogs or robbers. My mum said lately Ipoh has been very very dangerous with loads of snatch thieves in motorbikes. Robbing maids and old people while walking, even watering their plants or taking out the garbage. Puchong is relatively safer: I feel like middle class just as anyone else; there are many people running on the roads; the streets are sooo busy, happening and filled with people; no thief would wanna rob a sweaty, fugly runner in front of 2 primary schools pack with kids, rows of restaurants, hawkers stalls and Otai burger stalls. The only risk I face in Puchong as a road runner is....being knocked down by a car. I don't bring money while running in Ipoh, which makes it worst: I've nothing to give the robber which in turn may ignite his anger (I suppose) and murderlize me.

(Wow, I have great imagination.)

Polo Ground, you said? No way. So many kids running around and many walkers clog the pathways that it is not conducive for real running. Kids popping out of bushes or graveyard is pretty hazourdous to me! Not that I am a fast runner, but do not want my brains to work hard trying to scheme ways to manuever and overtake people. What do I think about when I run? -  I don't like to use my brains while running and I prefer to think of nothing.

And irritation no. 2: Why is everyone so kaypoh in Ipoh? People in Ipoh like to peek. I don't wanna generalised but while washing my car, there was this lady who was walking by - then paused like 10 seconds - stared at me straight to the eyes, then continued on. After that, came a car with a couple and a cargo of kids, was driving thru quite quick but then slowed down abruptly to peek into my house (and me). Err, caring? Or just kaypoh? Or maybe I was naked washing the car? But I wasn't naked. Confirm.

On a positive note. Life's sooo relaxing here (til it becomes boring), with the magnitude of good food, I couldn't ask for more. I deserve this. I've been working hard all these while :P  In terms of career, I got out of my comfort zone in KL and...straight into another comfort zone. From a bed of roses to a bed of fluffy feathers.


Complaining makes life interesting, doesn't it? A good friend keep telling me I complain just about anything and everything. Couldn't agree with him more - I do like to complain even if...life have been fantastic!!

(...as long as I don't complain as much as those ppl in Singapore :P)



Ivy-out!






No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain