The last time I remember it was held in Amcorp Mall. Lazy to go there. Now that it's held nearer to my office (the Fair is @South City Plaza) I made an effort and took advantage of the Friday long praying & lunch hours to head out there
This is my first time. Before I I stepped into the fair, I told myself strictly that "I cannot be tempted to buy so many books cause it's not entirely a good thing to overload on anything"
But I was soo wrong! About my own self. I binged on so many books just now!
Actually comparatively, I bought 'NOTHING' cause I see ppl buying boxes and boxes of books!!! So cheap marr. Sitting down in the cashier queue some more. Haizz, kerr lian..should bring cash marrr....tsk tsk.
But what's cool is that even if you buy sooo many books...you don't go pokai here. Most books are new titles and still soo cheap! RM8 only for a hard cover of your fav fiction from Ken Follett or Grisham to Rushdie!
A tip: Bring cash (thankfully I brought cash!) cause it reduces your over-buying of unnecessary books (books-that-u-don't-actually-read-but-because-it's-cheap-you-purchase-it) and the cash counter was sooooo much shorter and faster.
| Queue |
Another tip: Bring along (and make use of) a friend or your mum or dad. Ask them to queue for you while you slowly find your good books. Then make use of them again to bring those books back to the car for you.
I went alone, and I really couldn't carry all my books....so I literally dragged them to my car!
| My box of books. Total of 13 books... |
My personal opinion is that the travel books are a pretty good buy. Bought a book about diving sites in the world, SouthEastAsia travels, and about err...about Long distant running (don't ask me why, but because it's mere RM5.00)
Those books will last me a year. Enough of books!! Barely even open the latest book I bought 2 weeks ago.
2 comments:
Hey when is the next book fair again? I like travel books! Appreciated if you could provide more info about this fair.
Any website to refer?
-Hui Sean-
Remind you here again in case you can't remember who I am. Remember that time you and Brandon paid my a visit when during my confinement, in Puchong?
Oscar's mommy here lah girl~
Opps! Overlooked and din't see clearly that you already posted the website up there. Thanks ya~
Post a Comment