Friday, October 22, 2010

Octopussy

Exactly at October 19, 2010 is my 1st Anniversary in Petronas!

I am loving every single minute with my team since Day 1. The work fits my personality and their technical demands is in line with what I had done during my Ph.D. There are definitely stressful times (like now!), where your brains are worked up 24-7 and you thought you just had a power nap in the office which turned up to be an hour's sleep at work! Opps! Since 1st anniversary is always known as 'Paper' anniversary = I have to say that I am given papers and tonnes of reports to do (Quarterly report, Annual Report, Monthly Report, you name it). Konon I am good in English here and I've been writing scientific reports during my Ph.D. years (but errr, wait til they read my pasar English in this blog). And errr...I am actually supposed to simplify all scientific reports here to layman's report. So, kononlah I am good in scientific report which doesn't fit the requirement anyway! Wuahahaha.

My department ppl are such foodie ppl, that I get FOC food all the time - Nasi Arab, Nasi Lemak, Nasi whatever, Bakso, Roti Jala, Sphagetti, etc.. Obviously no one here lets me cook - tak halal marr. Which makes me the luckiest person here! I am already known to just bring my stomach. Okay, okay, I did bring a watermelon or an apple or two. Only when being coerced.



Hari Raya company open house. HUGE HUGE HUGE buffet. YUmmmms

Makaning on the floor :)

I am known as the coffee addict at office. Who doesn't know that, eh? My colleague made me stop drinking coffee cause she saw me I drink at least two cups while in office - and if there's a meeting, make that three. Balik rumah, drink again...









My team had a team photo recently. My superior said this would be a photo full of great memories; might be our last (we all know why *wink*). Don't we all look like we came out from some penitentiary or what!??!!

BTW, half of my working life is actually in this huge 'prison cell' a.k.a greenhouse that requires hard labour. No matter how tough it is, I kinda enjoy every minute of it, esp. when you can start to reap what you sow, literally.


'prison cell' with plants.
soo amazing. plants growing soo well. All my hard labour.


















October was also my luckiest month cause I get to see Adam Lambert live in KL! VIP seats some more. *muaks FP* His Falsetto is totally True. Better than what u imagined on TV's American Idol. Flawless. Such a handsome guy, but he needs a bit of gym work out. Spot his flabby arms while he danced gayfully :P I am still dreaming of the chances of being with him.

Next: My Halloween Party at my apartment 30 Oct 2010 7.30 pm. Wait for my personal invite. I will personally PM y'all.


Theme: Halloween, of course (hint: bedak sejuk).




No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain