1. Engagements (cough, cough)!!
Wooo...I know I am in my late 20s and that's where all your friends have gotten themselves hitched or married. But hey, I've never been to so many weddings in ONE year before! Pokai!! (Kidding, I love attending weddings.) And plus, I've never heaard of soo many engagements in ONE year which involved close friends...
**Mayday! Mayday! These are the trends that make singles like me go a little restless, uneasy and bewildered. I think I need Prozac to calm myself down. (read: watch the movie Bride's War and you're understand...)

2. Hairbands
I admit I have 4 hairbands! I first spotted the hairband-trend in Emma Watson. She never leaves home w.o one (I guess lah cause I've seen her ample times on red-carpets wearing one). I watched Twilight and Bella Swan too wore her fringe up with a plain black hairband. Though it's just plain nothing, I love it!
![]()
I have a huge/wide forehead, where any fashion-police would strictly discouraged me from putting my fringe up (and show my shiny 'headlights'). But, one reason put my hair up was to prevent zits on my face and hair that irritates my skin while I work. There!
3. Diving

Not the olympic diving. But the Scuba Diving. I've seen that in this year 2009 alone, many of my friends have gotten their diving license. I've enjoyed snorkelling all this while and have decided to take one step further into diving. I love the sea (but not the tan), and since my work involves the sea and environment, I believe I should do this...of all ppl! Plus, hey...I am a swimming teacher.
I'm going to get my diving license this January with my petronas colleagues. One colleague of mine is a Master/Pro diver and works for the company fixing pipes and pipe-leaks underwater, etc. Isn't that cool!? 22-26 January 2009 (tentatively). Langkawi Payar Island. We didn't plan for East Coast's trips cause of the monsoon is said to persist until January. The weather is soo unpredictable nowadays!
P/S: Anyone interested can join us! This is not company trip. It's a personal trip, k.... contact me if interested for any dives/holiday.
4. Miu-Miu-inspired skirts


Need I say more?!??! But I noticed this was an early-of-this-year 2009 trend. Maybe because of Gucci's runway shows at the beginning of the year, many ppl horde into buying such skirts. It's pretty, waisteline-flattering, very feminine and but only if you've got nice long legs to show. Not everyone can pull this look off: your top must be skin-tight and plain to counter the flare of the skirt. You can add a clincher and do blend it with some heels.
I've got a TopShop skirt which is Miu-Miu inspired. I've been out twice in it. Amazing feeling!!

5. Running
It ALL started in SC's KL Marathon 2009. I see many friends and even swimmers (I spotted Daniel Bego at KL Marathon) running eventhough it was never in their genes (*unlike Jonie and Boon King). It was THE starting point of everyone's today's enthusiastic runs henceforth.
Ppl like me have been running since Form 6. But I stopped because there was no motivation. No kaki. But now, the trend has reignited and so is my motivation. It too started with the KL Marathon. I've stopped running for 5 years and my last run was the 10km Ipoh Run by Roadrunners. And though I will never stop swimming, I have started to love running and began running once again.
And backtracking to my previous post, I clearly have gotten myself a pair of Adizero.
6. Chanel-inspired bags/handbags/purse

If you browse thru the e-boutiques and other online stores, you will see these blogs selling replicas of Chanel bags or -inspired ones. Chanel's bags are not difficult to noticed. The features are outstandingly simple: quilted, bulgy squares; long, hooked, heavy-chained shoulder straps; magnet/clip-on lids; made of leather or velvet. You seldom see aunties holding a Chanel (!); it's the younger chics who are doning it so well (no matter genuine or not). So, so long LV and Gucci!!
FYI, one genuine Chanel tote costs at least RM6k.
7. Facebook games
Most ppl started with Barn Buddy, Farmville. And now it's Cafe World, some say Restaurant....watever!
But I have to admit. I am into Mafia Wars. Hooked!
8. WTF
WTF=what the f**k. I've spotted this word in a gazillion blogs and forums. Even I use it a lot in this blog!
And if you're driving in KL, start spotting the current KL number plates e.g. WTF 5560. Don't get into the paths of these cars!
________
Ivy-out! (with a swollen back, and a permanent head damage). Yah, I fell in a bathroom. Don't let it be a trend.


2 comments:
Is this your car - WTF 5560?
i wish, but it's not...
soon soon
i spotted that number plate some where :)
Post a Comment