It's been 3 weeks since I last came back to Ipoh. I quickly notice the changes in my own room. My parents had someone remove the wallpaper that once beautified my entire room. Well, I won't say exactly the word 'beautiful'. I thought it was just different. Today, the wall has just been re-Nippon and I am somehow very happy with the plain new blue. I have never said this before, but I used to loathe my own 'ugly' wallpaper; I didn't tell my parents because I did not want to hurt their feelings for their initial plan and concept of a wallpapered room. Wallpapers may fit a hotel room but to me, wallpapers are a big no-no for private residences.
Many things go obsolete. I dunno if there are people who still paste wallpapers to their houses. Other simple noticeable obsoletes in my room that I've noticed are my printed photographs and their negatives(!?!!?!?!), my Aiwa radio cum cassette player and my KRU's AWAS cassette. That's crazy. But as much as I want to do away and dumb all these obsolete stuff into the recycle bin (not the photographs, of course), I just can't do it now and now!! They have sentimental value. How I wish my parents hadn't discard the old stamp books I once had. Besides Beh, I dare say that no one does stamp collecting anymore.
Oh, ya....one very very obsolete thing in my room: my Encarta encyclopaedia set that cost a bomb (RM1000 at when I was 10 years old was a lot of money) and the Atlas book that came with it! They still had Yugoslavia! Madras was still Madras!
I found another obsolete in my room: The floppy.
Good read:
http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=21159559
Q: What's obsolete in your room?
2 comments:
LOL...when my family moved to the new house in ipoh, my mum dumped my old biodata books from primary school...u know, the one where we use exercise books and collected our classmates biodata and draw pictures and decorations in it...hahaha...
wooo....autograph books! was a fad!
Thinking of it, my dad still has a YellowPages book! Who still uses that?
Post a Comment