I left Starbucks at Miramar and went hang-kai around the many many malls at the surrounding areas and spotted this Starbucks in Habourcity. What attracted me to this very Starbucks branch was both their Xmas and interior decor. I ordered a tall Americano (their spicy Christmas blend) and a mince-char-siew pie. Have to comment about their char siew pie:- 1. It's char siew, which is 1000X better than chicken 2. The crust was perfectly made. In fact, Ienjoyed the crust more than the char siew (but at the end of the day it's the combination) 3. You don't get it in Malaysia. Ever. Case close.
The interior was great. Look at the wall decor, I've never seen something like that before and I was awed! I am sure you won't understand why I was impressed. Again, have to comment: The huge cups decorated at the backdrop reminds me of Callie and her progressive Starbuck's let's-steal-a-L-size-Starbucks cup thoughts. I wish I could get her those. 2. See the man right at the middle? He's cute. 3. nothing to comment di. I kept reminding myself it's just another Starbucks...
The KFC in HK was different too. Unlike ppl in Malaysia who use their bare hands to hold the drumstick, ppl in HK were provided with PE plastic hand gloves for hygiene purposes. See the guy (pic below) who looked like a lab-assisstant experimenting on his food??? Gloves provided! Why haven't our Malaysian franchise ever thought of that!? Maybe because the pure feeling of holding a piece of oily chicken with your bare hands and licking your fingers clean ("finger lickin good" marrrr) after eating makes food more satisfying. The feeling is different. How can you lick your finger with PE plastic over it? Feels like a condom over a *&^*# ....blowjob.....unnatural....okay....enuff!
Plus they have great cappuccino in a glass cup designed for coffee! Wow! And they have honey chicken also in addition to the usual fried chicken. But problem is they don't have the Hot-n-Spicy, which I absolutely adore back here.
Ate dim sum. Actually, only the char siew pau is good. Their loh-mai-kai sucked big time.
No comments:
Post a Comment