Monday, April 14, 2008

Fondue


Fondue - a foreign word that was familiar but I didn't actually know what it means. 'Til I met my girlfriends in Chilis, BSC one night, I didn't know it was a type of dessert. So here goes - all my chatty girlfriends were trying to describe to me with their own elaborative adjectives of what a fondue is. I thought: why don't we just stick to wiki, eh?

I went to Haagen Dazs at Bangsar Village to see/taste for myself what a fondue was. So it did look like what I expected it to look like (after I looked it in wiki) (warning: tongue twisted here). The presentation was absolutely charming Somehow I expected the chocolate to overflow like a lava (or like the banjir kilat in KL), but my wild imagination failed me again.

Oooooo...macam rusa masuk kampung, so here is what I did: dip in my fresh fruits, ice cream, cakes and whatever they've dumped me with! Oooo..I didn't know that earlier but I was glad to bring along a not-soo-kampung guy to teach me to fondue. I think I need a 'Fondue For Dummies' book.

I had a great time! Yeah, like the time when he messed my face with chocolate and ice-cream. The fondue was just enough for 2 people (he ate most of it). I think it was about RM56.90 but I would pay any amount for the fun and indulgence I had that moment in Haagen.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain