Saturday, August 12, 2006

"don't be afraid of injury(ies)"


I was just waiting for this sentence to be said! And yesterday, my Aikido sensei mentioned it so clearly - "Do not be afraid of being injured" and "Do not be afraid of pain". Everyone is afraid of pain, but you will never know when pain comes. It is not the pain that I fear, it is the lingering thought of never knowing when this pain will actually hit you! Curiosity kills the cat.

This month alone, i sustained 4 injuries. One to my right hand (7 stitches!), one to the knee (bone), one to the wrist (sprain), and lastly (I hope this is the last!) one to the foot (bruise). How cool is that!? I some more had an old injury to my toe (not healed yet). Errrr, most from Aikido.

Each time the injuries hit, it is painful. But, I can stand excruciating pain. I just can't stand wondering when the next injury will hit. Just want to tell everyone in my life that my pain is my responsibility. I have never blamed anyone for the pain I sustained. In fact: no pain,no gain. I have learned soo much from pain. Learn from the pains and problems we face each time in life.

Come what may. I will praise God.


 

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain