The movie was first introduced by my younger brother who himself cried twice over the same movie. Sorry, an understatement - he SOBBED!
If you think you've cried enough in Nicholas Sparks' ultimate romantic movie 'The Notebook', the same director has once again relived *sniff sniff* your crying experience in Picoult's 'My Sister's Keeper'. Definitely a different plot, but this director has never failed to ignite the emotions of belonging, agape love and most definitely - the issue of live and death through his movies.
Abigail Breslin played the genetically-engineered younger sister that was 'brought to this world' for the sole purpose of supplying her leukemia-striken sister with her organs and bone marrow fluids. While her acting has been acknowledged with a nomination by the Oscars for best supporting actress in the Academy award-winning film 'Little Miss Sunshine, she acted decently well as the little sister though her role was not as outstanding as in the latter. I have to also give credit to Cameron Diaz as mum in this film - I never thought she could act so convincingly in such deep-issued-laden movie because I've always compared her to former movies like "There's Something about Mary" (loved it!) and the latest release "Knight and Day" with *vomit* Tom Cruise.
While I tagged "Little Miss Sunshine" as one of my best movie experience of all time, "My Sister's Keeper" presently tops them all!
The movie made me sob; it made FP sob to the max. But definitely a good-kinda sob.....
Ratings: 8/10


No comments:
Post a Comment