Saturday, March 6, 2010

This ain't Fishville.

You have a puppy dog; you have persian cat; you may have a ball python or probably a brood of chickens (which only applies to my mum).....

....the last time I had a pet was a tortoise that died in my captivity for 1 year...although theoretically it could live for 50 more years. I gave up.

Yes, that's how I got into rearing fishes as pet. And so you thought it was pretty 'simple': all you need was an aquarium, water, soil, stones, live weeds, filter. Done!

But noooooo.....life have to be difficult for you; easy is never in life's dictionary. There goes my blown filter (thank god my fishes weren't electrocuted). Then there goes 75% of my fishes lying dead a day or two after the initial aquarium set up. Then there goes my tame-turned-cannibalistic (hungry!) fishes which eats anything that is within the four walls of the aquarium. Plants got ripped off, fishes eating up their own dead friends. My only-female guppy was gang-banged/raped and died soon, I presumed, due to fatigue :P During the long CNY break, my only-female guppy died a horrible death due to extreme hunger of the other fishes.

It was a like a horror Zombie movie, but where the dead remained dead. My aquarium turned into a graveyard!

But that was 2 months back.

Today, after lots of professional help (thanks!) and some extra effort...I've got:
3 zebra fish, 6 baby guppies from my raped-but-dead female guppy (big big contribution by the female species), the 2 male rapists, and 6 cherry shrimp (although I can never see all 6 at a single time).

But 3 of the fishes need some dieting to do. Too fat.'





Next step: A siphon


2 comments:

Bea said...

why do ppl with fishes tell such exciting and dramatic stories of the death of their bubbly pets? lol

i got another friend who reared fishes for a while before they died too...boy, did he have a story to tell... http://darren-gothallica.blogspot.com/2009/12/deathsss-part-2.html

Unknown said...

What a post your friend had there. Hilarious!!!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain