The opposition parties put on a brave front to go ahead with the permitless BERSIH protest. I wish I were there, but being a postgrad student in a pariah local university (just try finding my university in www.topuniversities.com), I had to refrain my physical self from rallying in what I support and believe in. Malaysia has rapidly fell in many ways with regards to democracy and in protecting its people's rights. It's getting worse year after year, even by the minutes! There's no freedom of religion. Government bringing down temples - and damn - for the first time I had to support SamyVellu :P There's no expressing your thoughts in anyway - not even in cool blogs or street protest. Then where else can we express the basics of all human rights which is the right to speak out. Did you say Dewan Rakyat?? Tell we why the Speaker always deny any motion that the opposition wants to debate about? When I was presented my scholarship in Kuok Foundation not long ago, I was glad to have met Azmi Sharom, the infamous handsome, long-hair, hippy, law lecturer in UM and his vocal presentation of the governments stupidity in handling almost every matter. He's my hero!! And now, where is he now?? UM's VC basically asked him to shut his mouth and no more writing sin the local newspapers...or else....!!
The local papers are dogs; they dare not put the BERSIH rally on the frontpage!!! Instead, they put the deputy PM's face or what not portraying the govenment's 'help' in formulation a better subsidy scheme to counter fuel price rise. Helping us....tak payah lah.....we have not been helped for a long long long time. Why do we need help now?! The UMNO also said that if we chinese do not support BN in the next general election, we are shooting ourselves on the foot. You have crippled us long before; we are aready standing in one leg. Shooting another foot/leg won't make much a difference. In fact, it make us much stronger.
Well, Kenny the Law - you've done well, and you are already my hero. Let me promote your blog here in my space for once: www.darnmalaysia.com
I love Malaysia, but why doesn't Malaysia love me back?! You may advocate that every country has it's discrimination. Yes. But let me tell you...This is our own GOVERNMENT discriminating us. I've never seen in any country where the government openly discriminates with their policies.
2 comments:
My friend, one of these days you'll probably be contacted by the Special Branch. And, if we really care about Malaysia we should stay and persevere. Those who have left the country have no right to complain anymore.
Hi there Ivy,
Came across your blog while google-researching my next blog post.
Don't be afraid to speak the truth, and keep fighting for your rights in whatever capacity you can; for the first time in a long time we have a real chance to effect change in this country, and to reclaim our rights which have been stolen by the UMNO-BN regime.
Cheers
http://ghostline.wordpress.com
Post a Comment