Searching for a house in Klang Valley is not easy. I have been asking for advice from various people and parents. I used to have knowledge about houses and apartments in Klang Valley as I was doing some real estate brokering after I graduated.
I have set my mind to get a landed-property. Condos and apartments sounds terrific - with their amenities and gym and swimming pool (!), but it is not a good buy/investment because of the maintenance fees. Even after you've payed-up the whole sum for the condo/apartment in say...15 years, you still have to keep paying the maintenance fee. Sometimes, a condo or apartment may be priced even higher than a landed one. The downside of high rise is that you may somehow get stuck with ppl you don't like, and you cannot avoid their disgusting or irresponsible antics (Thanks Sensei for this advice).
So, I'll get a landed one. But where? Puchong? I heard Bandar Puteri Puchong is real good. The place is superb. But, since the high demand for the houses there a couple of years back, the prices of the house there has shot-up tremendously. Puchong is great as it is a very convenient, the place is growing like hell, and it's on the way to my uni. I stayed in Puchong for 3-4 years already. I love Puchong, but I had to pass the bloody Sunway toll to get to town/aikido (downside).
Bukit Jalil is great too. I love the bypass, which seldom gets jammed. Then, the LRT station in the stadium is good for commuting to town for work. And it's near UPM. I teach swimming in Bukit Jalil too. But no new development there. Kinrara is nearby and there's this hill near the bypass that is currently developed into a large housing areas, just behind Kinrara Golf Club. But seems like another 3-4 years (I can't wait) for the developer to finish the estate. Sentul is great too. But, no new landed properties in Sentul.
Many things to consider before getting a house. Lots! Cannot think now. Talking about 'house' - hmmphhh...reminded me of my fav. Dr. House.
To be continue....
1 comment:
To be "continued"
Post a Comment